December 1936 - Madrid - Planet News Ltd.
"INCENDIARY BOMBS FIRE MADRID MARKET IN REBEL AIR RAID. — Under cover of an intensive aerial bombardment of Madrid, General Franco’s rebel forces are preparing to launch their main assault on the capital. Madrid has suffered severely in the rebel air raids and many of the capital’s famous buildings have been destroyed by bombs. Photo shows a public market in Madrid blazing after being hit by incendiary bombs during a rebel air raid."
From Shots of War: Photojournalism of the Spanish Civil War
7 Notes/ Hide
- manualdehistoria likes this
- northernbriton reblogged this from ucsdspecialcollections
- catty1 likes this
- adamhasfreecoffee reblogged this from ucsdspecialcollections
- snowyplover reblogged this from ucsdspecialcollections
- coolchicksfromhistory likes this
- This was featured in #History
- ucsdspecialcollections posted this